Who can participate
Any independent producer who has a documentary project in development and who seeks or already has a European co-production, will be able to participate.
It is compulsory to register the project in English and Spanish, filling each required field in the corresponding language. Otherwise, the project will be discarded, automatically.
The deadline for the registration of projects is 10 July.
- Producers will be able to present as many projects as they desire for selection.
- It will be compulsory to present the teaser (maximum 3 minutes) at the time of project registration.
- The selection of projects will be carried out by a Committee of experts, whose coordination will be the responsibility of IBAIA (Association of Independent Audio-Visual Producers of the Basque Country).
- The final decision on the selection of the projects and their participation in the pitching will be non-appealable and will be based on, among others, the following criteria: universality and transnational appeal of the project, CV of the producer(s) and their creative teams, guaranteed financing, number and importance of confirmed diffusers and distributors, economic importance of the project, co-production possibilities, etc.
- The resolution will be communicated to all participants at the end of July.
- The participation fee for selected projects is 250 euros (+ VAT) or 150 euros (+ VAT) for members of the IBAIA Association. Payment will be made by bank transfer.
The rate includes:
- Presentation of the project in the pitching session and subsequent one to one meetings with the Commissioning Editors
- Participation in the 2-day training workshop
- Accreditation for the San Sebastian Film Festival for the director and producer of the project
- Privileged dissemination of the project among Commissioning Editors
- Midday meal for the three days (workshop days and pitching day)
- Access to parallel activities included in the Forum programme
- Publication of the project’s information in the Lau Haizetara Catalogue, as well as its publication in the Official Catalogue and Industry Guide of the San Sebastian International Film Festival
*Travel and transfers not included
Participation in the XVI San Sebastian Lau Haizetara Documentary Co-production Forum implies acceptance of these rules. The Forum reserves the right to decide on those organisational aspects not expressly declared.
Deadline: July 10