Who can participate
Any independent producer who has a documentary project in development and who seeks or already has a European co-production, will be able to participate.
It is compulsory to register the project in English and Spanish, filling each required field in the corresponding language. Otherwise, the project will be discarded, automatically.
The deadline for the registration of projects is 12 July.
- Producers will be able to present as many projects as they desire for selection.
- The selection of projects will be carried out by a committee of experts, whose coordination will be the responsibility of IBAIA (Association of Independent Audio-Visual Producers of the Basque Country).
- Those selected will be announced at the end of July.
- The final decision on the selection of projects and their participation in the pitching session will be final and will be based on, among other things, the following criteria: universality and transnational appeal of the project, the professional trajectory of the producer(s) and their creative teams, percentage of guaranteed financing, number and size of the confirmed disseminators and distributors, financial weight of the project, possibilities of co-production, etc.
- As next step, after having confirmed the participation, the amount of €250 (+VAT) or €150 (+VAT) for members of IBAIA will be paid. Payment will be made by bank transfer.
The rate includes:
- Presentation of the project in the pitching session and subsequent one to one meetings with the Commissioning Editors
- Participation in the 2-day training workshop
- Accreditation for the San Sebastian Film Festival for the director and producer of the project
- Privileged dissemination of the project among Commissioning Editors
- Midday meal for the three days (workshop days and pitching day)
- Access to parallel activities included in the Forum programme
- Publication of the project’s information in the Lau Haizetara Catalogue, as well as its publication in the Official Catalogue and Industry Guide of the San Sebastian International Film Festival
*Travel and transfers not included
Reserve or doubtful projects will need to provide complementary information to determine the final selection. If necessary, this information will be requested by email.
Participation in the XV LAU HAIZETARA DOCUMENTARY CO-PRODUCTION FORUM implies acceptance of these rules. The Forum reserves the right to decide on those organisational aspects not expressly declared.
Deadline: July 12